Sep 6 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. Sam’s Club partners with JD affiliates to pilot autonomous delivery in Beijing. JD Daojia, in Chinese.
2. A16z-backed Cider, a Chinese D2C #crossborder e-commerce platform, raised $130M in Series B-round led by DST Global. Founded in May 2020, its current valuation is over $1 billion. Pandaily
3. Xiaomi surpassed Apple to become the largest wearable band supplier during 2021 Q2, with Huawei, Fitbit and Samsung following close behind. Canalys
4. China’s top online retailer JD.COM banned 87 games which are without approval and proper filings. Banned games include Animal Forest Friends Association, Call of Duty, and the Grand Theft Auto (GTA). Pandaily
5. Hong Kong stocks rose as Chinese Vice Premier Liu He assured investors by pledging to support private businesses despite ongoing regulatory crackdowns. SCMP