Sep 29 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. Alibaba apps are starting to support Tencent’s WeChat Pay. This comes after regulators forcing companies like Tencent and Alibaba to change some of their anti-competitive behavior across their apps. CNBC
2. Leading Chinese carmaker Geely Holdings now plans to make smartphones. Pandaily. Geely, the owner of Volvo, also began large-scale production of commercial satellites. eeNews Europe
3. Shenzhen-based Landzo, a provider of educational robots and STEAM education toys, raised $29.23M in Series A funding. FinSMEs
4. WeChat rolls out elderly ‘Care Mode’ which implements larger fonts and other modifications, answering Beijing’s call for tech companies to make their products and services more friendly to the country’s ageing population. SCMP
5. NetEase invests $120M in global gaming firm Kepler. Headquartered in London and Singapore, Kepler is currently focused on PC and console games and looking to bring in mobile games and animations. Reuters .