Sep 28 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. Pandemic pushes Chinese tech giants to roll out more courier robots, with more than 2,000 robots to be operated by 2022. Reuters
2. Alibaba’s Amap launches taxi ride-hailing platform in Beijing. Called “Beijing Taxi”, it is a partnership between Amap and Beijing’s Taxicab and Livery Association with aims to digitize the city’s taxi services. Technode
3. Crypto exchange Huobi to retire all mainland Chinese accounts by the end of 2021. Reuters
4. China puts greater emphasis on Beijing and Zhongguancun as it looks to make the area a global magnet for “technology talent” and a leading destination for technology entrepreneurs to start their businesses. SCMP
5. LeEco resets smartphone business and unveils new product S1 targeted at taxi drivers, food deliverymen and older users. Pandaily .