Sep 22 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. Autoflight completes a $100M A round to manufacture manned eVTOL aircraft – essentially a “flying car”. Autoflight’s products are currently sold in China, Europe and the Middle East. Pandaily
2. New unicorn: XTransfer, a cross-border financial and risk management services provider, raised $138M in Series D led by US firm D1 Capital Partners. Technode
3. Baidu-backed DeepWay unveils smart new-energy heavy-duty truck Xingtu. When carrying a full load of 49 tons, Xingtu can travel up to 300km on a single charge. Pandaily
4. Chinese consumers rush to pre-order Apple’s iPhone 13 resulting in online traffic jams and viral social media discussions. SCMP
5. ByteDance reportedly will roll out domestic music streaming app “Feiyue” in 2021. This comes after antitrust regulators ramped up supervision of the increasingly centralized industry. Technode .