Sep 13 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. Shanghai startup CellX debuts cultivated pork, bags $4.3M to bring cell-based meat to China. Greenqueen.
2. TCL to invest $3 billion in smart devices and semiconductors. The company aims to be a world-leading player in smart devices, microdisplays, and semiconductor materials for solar cells in five years. Technode
3. Shanghai reveals pilot for internet teenage mode after the government issued a new rule last Monday limiting gaming time for players. The 20-point guideline asks tech platforms to give ‘social interest’ content a high priority and enrich the overall pool for minors. SCMP
4. Ericsson to close major research centre in Nanjing amid ceding 5G market share in domestic rivals in the Chinese market such as Huawei. SCMP
5. WeRide tests self-driving cargo van that can carry out delivery services. This is in collaboration with carmaker JMC and courier firm ZTO Express. Technode