Oct 1 – Chinaccelerator Daily Digest: Five Headlines you need to know
1. State-owned FAW Jiefang has upped the ante in the eco-friendly vehicle segment by pledging to spend 30 billion yuan on research facilities across four countries and a base for fuel-cell vehicle systems. SCMP
2. China’s electric carmakers are darting into Europe, hoping to seize a slice of a market supercharged by the continent’s drive towards zero emissions. Reuters
3. Unmanned industrial vehicle firm VisionNav Robotics bags several hundred million yuan with ByteDance as investor after the completion of a C-round of equity financing. Pandaily
4. Tencent’s WeChat Pay now accessible by UnionPay’s Cloud QuickPass. The tie-up enables QuickPass users to make payments by scanning WeChat Pay QR codes offline and vice versa. Technode
5. Alibaba subsidiary applies for over 20 metaverse trademarks after patent troll strikes. The trademarks’ categories span advertising, education, entertainment, and telecommunications. KrAsia .
Chinaccelerator is looking for a Corporate Innovation Specialist located in Shanghai, China. More information on https://chinaccelerator.com/jobs/corporate-innovation-specialist-ca/