- Tractable, deep learning technology company, raises $25M Series B to automate damage assessments.
- Sonos, electronic company known for its smart speakers, submits IPO application.
- Samsung announces its second quarter results; falling chip prices put an end to almost two years of increasing profits.
- Cainiao Network Technology, smart logistics company established by Alibaba and other firms, says its delivery staff star-rating system has been adopted by five major Chinese express delivery firms.
- Taiwanese travel startup KKDay raises funding from Alibaba to bolster presence in China.
- Xiaomi listed on Hong Kong stock exchange this morning.
- Taobao launches a global buyer recruitment plan in Hong Kong.
- In Q2 2018, global VC scales tipped in favor of Chinese start ups over North America.
- Airbnb invests $5M in Beijing-based Chengsu, a real estate and property management startup.
- Tencent Music will split its IPO into the U.S. for listing.
- Binance Labs leads seed round in Chinese blockchain information portal Zhidian.
- Huobi launches crypto exchange in Australia.
- Hong Kong-based crypto debit card company Monaco buys crypto.com.