- Apple will no longer use Intel’s 5G chips for their mobile devices in 2020.
- Samsung granted a patent for 3D face recognition.
- Netflix tests new price increase strategy for an “Ultra” subscription plan.
- Baidu releases in-app applet function.
- Tencent, Geely, and China Railway Investment Co. jointly establish 国铁吉讯公司 Guotie Jixun Company to provide travel services including wifi, entertainment, news, online ordering, and more.
- Alibaba cooperates with 饿了么 Ele.me Inc. to jointly operate nearly 10,000 Tmall stores.
- The total sales of 天猫精灵 Tmall Genie smart speakers has exceeded over 5M units.
- Mobike now lets users rent a bike directly on Meituan’s everything-app; costumer deposits come to an end in China.
- Hong Kong-based Campfire, co-working network, raises $18M series A to plan global expansion.
- AI technology corporation 物灵 raises RMB 150M pre-A financing round.
- Kyligence, data warehouse platform, raises $15M series B.
- Bittrex and invest.com to partner on new cypto trading platform.
- IBM signs $740M deal with Australian govt. to use blockchain for data security.
- Singapore’s regulations rule that Uber’s sale of its SEA business to Grab infringes competition laws.
- HungerBox, India-based food ordering platform for companies, raises $4.5M series A led by Neoplux and Sabre Partners.
- Indonesian on-demand car repair platform Montir raises series A funding from East Ventures.