- French VC firm ISAI raises $175M for later stage investments.
- Food delivery startup Deliveroo opens its first shared kitchen in Paris.
- Uber relaunches in Finland after taxi law deregulation.
- Blue Origin, space venture founded by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, targets moon landing by 2023 as a step towards lunar settlement.
- Google releases Gmail’s safety and security policies.
- Oncology clinical data analysis firm LinkDoc wins RMB 1B Series D.
- Inke, mobile video streaming platform, is set to go public in Hong Kong, hoping to raise $152.9M.
- Xiaomi is not currently eligible to be included in the MSCI index.
- Baidu releases China’s first cloud full-featured AI chip: “Kunlun 昆仑.”
- Hainan allows individuals to apply for the development of uninhabited islands.
- China’s largest subway wifi operation, 花生地铁，wins investment of Ant Financial.
- Baidu launched DuerOS 3.0 at yesterday’s AI developer conference.
- Xiaomi eyes expansion into the U.S. in 2019.
- Baidu teams up with Intel’s Mobileye to enhance Project Apollo, Baidu’s self-driving platform.
- Japan-based crypto exchange suspends trading to investigate “abnormal transactions.”
- Microsoft Taiwan launches enterprise blockchain partnership with Digital China and Hot Cool.
- E-payment system, Razer Pay, chooses Malaysia as the first country to launch in.
- Montir, Indonesian on-demand automotive service business, receives Series A funding from East Ventures.
- Singapore-based SaaS provider Anchanto raises $5.5M in ongoing Series C led by MDI Ventures.
💓Today’s perk for your ears:
For entreprenerus, “what are 5 mistakes raising money and how NOT to run your business”? Lessons including how they sought the wrong advice, pursued the wrong business ideas… Find the latest episode on Apply podcast/itunes/stitcher – China Startup Pulse podcast or click here