- SaaS Capital targets $75M for third fund for software service businesses primarily in healthcare, enterprise, and education.
- Telehealth startup American Well raises $290M to bring virtual doctors to patients’ homes.
- Amazon Prime day will take place on July 16th, lasting 36 hours and offering over 1M deals for Prime members.
- Chinese government tightens regulations over third-party payment apps.
- Xiaomi lowers IPO share price.
- China Vanke, Tencent, and Alibaba lead media and entertainment company CMC’s $1.5B Series A.
- Jinlong Auto will cooperate with Baidu and Softbank Shareholding to supply unmanned electric vehicles to Japan.
- Ant Financial near deal to invest $100M in financial information provider Xueqiu.
- Douyin (Tik Tok) blocked in Indonesia for its negative videos deemed as a bad influence on the youth.
- Australia-based Airwallex, startup that provides cross-border transactions, raises $80M Series B led by Sequoia China and Tencent.
- Finty, Singapore-based financial comparison platform, has been acquired by Australian firm Credit Card Compare for a 7 figure amount.
- U.S. temporarily allows ZTE to resume some business operations.
- Regulators to investigate personal data handling by crypto exchanges in South Korea; eight crypto firms have already been found to be in violation of the law.
- iOS 12 code hints at iPad with Face ID.
- ShareBikeSG becomes the third bikesharing start-up to shut down in Singapore after the country’s stricter regulations.
- Homage, elderly caregiving platform, secures $4.1M Series A led by Golden Gate Ventures and HealthXCapital.
- Grab launches personal shopping service in beta in The Philippines.
- Malaysian conglomerate Sunway Group teams up with co-founders of KK Fund to set up Sun SEA Capital, a fresh $50M venture capital fund aimed at SEA startups.