1. Samsung’s entry into AI speaker market will wake up rivals such as Kakao, Google and Amazon
2. Google has continued to give search ads more prominent space on mobile phones, helping to fuel the brisk sales growth.
3. Alphabet Second Quarter 2018 Financial Report
4. PayU buys Israeli payment technology firm Zooz
5. SaaS inventory management platform TradeGecko raises US$10M from TNB Aura, others
6. Musical.ly has begun redirecting users of its Live.ly app, which it decided to kill off last month, to a competing app called LiveMe.
1. China’s three main telecom companies China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom have jointly led the formation of a blockchain telecom application group.
2. Alibaba joins US$600 million fundraising round for AI start-up Megvii
3. Alibaba’s Ele.me goes on 3 billion yuan summer spending spree to fight competition
4. Kunming recently issued detailed regulations for bike share operations, including placing a limit on the number of total bikes, etc
5. Bank Wealth Management Product Sales App Bicai 比财 Lands RMB 100 Mln Series B
6. Mobile Activity Booking Platform Goohw.com Completes Pre-A Funding
7. Ping An Haoyisheng 平安好医生 is now authorized to engage in online and offline B2B pharmaceuticals business activities
8. Online English Education Platform ‘Whales English’ Wins USD 8-digit Series A
1. Singapore VC firm Amasia joins edtech startup Skillshare’s US$28M Series C round. Skillshare is an online learning community with classes in creative, business and tech disciplines.
2. IKEA readies its first store in India
– Blockchain Info-sharing Community Block360 Raises RMB 30 Mln Series B
1. VC funding in Indonesia reaches US$567M by May 2018 which was still dominated by profit-sharing scheme instead of share-ownership
2. AngelList invests in Indian media measurement and analytics startup VTION