1. European antitrust regulators fined Google a record 4.34 billion euro
2. Amazon.com’s stock market value hits $900 billion, threatens Apple
3. Google launches game on Tencent’s Wechat as it eyes China market
4. Walmart is considering launching a subscription streaming video service to compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
4. Two-year-old fintech startup Pintec has filed for a U.S. IPO, hoping to raise $70 million
5. K Health, an app that uses AI and anonymous health records to augment the diagnoses of health problems, has raised $12.5 million.
6. New York-based VC Greycroft has raised $250 million for its latest early-stage fund
7. Walmart and Microsoft team up against Amazon in cloud tech
1. Startups in the Asia Pacific region attracted $72 billion in the first half of 2018, with $43 billion in venture capital funding in Q2 2018 alone
2. Beijing’s new Zaha Hadid-designed airport to showcase latest facial recognition technology
3. Baidu-owned education startup Zuoyebang just raised a $350 million Series D led by Coatue Management.
4. Galaxy eSolutions invests in o2o smartphone maintenance platform “Accelerate”
5. Shenzhen-based LoRA solutions provider Emaga Interconnect Technology has won an investment from Cash Capital.
6. Acting-based Game App Woshimi 我是谜 Garners RMB 7-digit Angel Funding from GSP Ventures
7. Baidu Ventures Joins Investment in Gene Testing and Analytics Website Genedock
8. AI Financial Service Provider Advance.ai Completes USD 50 Mln Series B+
9. Healthcare Service Robot TMiRob Completes RMB 200 Mln Series B
1. German Accelerator Tech, a startup incubator backed by the German government, is connecting founders to US market.
2.US Programmable Logic Devices Manufacturer Xilinx Acquires Chinese AI Firm DeePhi Technology
3. Ofo, will exit from Berlin, the only city in Germany in which it deployed bicycles
1. Nervos Network Blockchain Startup Secures $28 Mln From Sequoia China, Polychain Capital
2. Blockchain App Store BeeStore Lands Strategic Investment from Huoxing Finance (CN)
1. Singapore’s cryptocurrency trading platform Tokenize Xchange enters Malaysia
2. Mumbai-based Bigtree Entertainment, which owns and operates India’s leading online entertainment ticketing platform BookMyShow has raised US$100 million in Series D led by TPG Growth (Spotify’s investor).
3. The Indonesian Financial Services Authority (OJK) is set to launch a fintech centre to encourage innovation and support research and development of fintech services
4. Falcon, Creation lead $29m round in Indian SME lending platform OfBusiness