- Crunchbase’s Q2 2018 analysis states that there is another rise in VC exits and funding in North America.
- AI-driven image enhancement platform Meero raises $45M Series B led by Alven Capital and Idinvest Partners.
- Microsoft Windows Notepad app gets first update in years.
- Google Calendars has a new “Working Hours” feature.
- Amazon and startup Xealth are planning a pilot where doctors would prescribe products to be delivered after patients leave the hospital.
- Alphabet and ResMed are creating a startup to fight sleep apnea.
- Part-time job info app “Part-time Cat” obtains RMB 160M Series C.
- Independent media account Jiuming wins RMB 2M seed funding to teach parents how to discipline children.
- “Recommerce” startup that recycles broken/unwanted smartphones Aihuishou raises $150M led by Tiger Global.
- Lionbridge Capital, automotive financing startup, raises $150M led by Baidu and Sunshine Insurance Group’s Riverhead Capital Investment.
- Tiger Brokers, online stockbroker, raises $80M Series C.
- Ucommune (formerly known as Urwork), co-working space provider, buys Workingdom for $45M.
- Shenzhou High Speed Rail plans to acquire Youluo Technology for RMB 1.8B.