- Sound Ventures targets $150M for second fund.
- Next Insurance, small business digital insurance provider, raises $83M Series D led by Redpoint Ventures.
- Project management platform Monday.com raises $50M Series C led by Stripes Group.
- Google Chrome’s redesign has launched in Canary.
- Apple obtains patent for foldable mobile devices.
- Luckin Coffee, coffee delivery app, raises $200M; becomes unicorn.
- Smart door lock developer Yunding Network Technology 云丁科技 completes RMB 270M Series C+ led by Lan Fund and SIG Asia Investments.
- JD Finance raises $2B; doubles valuation.
- Meituan Dianping VC arm raises $302M for investments to invest in catering, retail, and local services.
- Cainiao continues expansion with $290M investment in Chinese logistics firm Dianwoda.
- Self-driving startup Pony.ai raises $102M.
- Mobike plans to recycle 100,000 used cars in Shanghai to launch 50,000 new bikes.
- Yingke will be listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange today.
- Tesla to set up factory in Shanghai.
- Alibaba and Marriott collaborate on face recognition for hotel registration.
- South Korean regulators introduce new rules for crypto and blockchain.
- Tik Tok (Douyin) ban lifted in Indonesia after Toutiao agrees to censor “negative content.”
- Shop101, India-based startup that allows vendors to sell through social media platforms, raises $5M Series A.