- Google and Uber invest $335M in Lime scooters to build a transportation superapp.
- Snapchat code reveals a team-up with Amazon for “camera search,” a feature that will allow users to scan objects, bar codes, etc. in app and see search results on Amazon for purchasing opportunities.
- Youtube invests $25M to fight fake news.
- Consumer electronics and home appliances retailer, Suning.com begins developing online real estate business.
- Property listing platform zhuge.com raises $22.6M Series B led by Sequoia.
- Xiaomi shares fall on Hong Kong debut.
- Alibaba and Siemens cooperate to launch digital products in China.
- Samsung builds world’s largest mobile phone factory in India.
- Google’s co-founder says that Google has “failed to be on the bleeding edge” of blockchain.
- Walmart’s latest patent unveils blockchain-based delivery management system.
- Token platform Bancor is robbed of $13.5M in crypto.
- Hackers steal personal data from up to 21M Timehop users.
- WeChat opens its applet advertising component.