- Celonis, a process mining software company, has raised $50M Series B at $1B valuation led by Accel and 83North.
- Facebook announces end to its massive drone program.
- American Express has a deal with Amazon for card aimed at small businesses.
- Facebook eases ban on cryptocurrency related ads.
- Wifi Alliance introduces next WPA security generation.
- UpHonest Capital, early-stage venture capital firm, completes round fundraising with total capital management of more than $100M.
- Winnie, parenting information platform, wins $4M led by Reach Capital and Rethink.
- Voice recognition firm AISpeech 思必驰 completes RMB 500M Series D led by Oriza Holdings and China Minsheng Investment.
- JD.com invests RMB 100M in PaaS Provider BoCloud in Series B+.
- Bytedance Technology, runs news platform Today’s Headlines, launches AR effects platform “Byted Effect.”
- In the first half of the year, the number of IPOs in Hong Kong topped the world, expected to reach HKD 200B.
- 有家民宿 awarded strategic investment of tens of millions of USD by Ctrip, Tujia and 58 industry funds.
- Sequoia Capital completes $6B in capital commitments for an $8B global fund.
- EasyGo, unmanned convenience store, raises HKD 120M led by Sizhou Group.
- Google partners with JD.com to crack China through hardware.
- Uber back on the road in London, but only for 15 months.
- Indonesia’s Lippo Group invests $44M in Tencent.
- AlipayHK and GCash partner to pioneer blockchain cross-border remittances for Filipino domestic workers.
- Instagram gets group video chat features.
- GrabPay, Grab’s mobile wallet, officially launches in Malaysia.
- AsiaKredit, Singapore-based fintech startup, secures $2.5M funding round led by SIG Asia Investments.