- Agari, cybersecurity platform, raises $40M Series E led by Goldman Sachs.
- Happigo Home Shopping, TV and online shopping channel operator, secures CSRC approval to acquire 5 HBS subsidiaries.
- Alibaba and Ant Financial partner with Chinese govt. to build Jiangxi’s digital economy.
- Sky Limit, Zhang Yimou’s VR entertainment firm, secures RMB 9-digit Pre-A led by OCT Culture Group.
- Source Code Capital invests in real estate SaaS provider Eall.
- Matrix Partners China, VC firm that invests in internet services, raises $750M for fifth fund.
- TaoBao looking to expand to more rural regions over the next 3 years.
- Helian Health raises $75M in SenseTime-led Series B to build on its technical capabilities in the areas of AI and big data.
- China Pacific Insurance Group invests RMB 1.6B in Ant Financial.
- Mumbai-based online travel agency Cleartrip buys Saudi Arabian travel startup Flyin.
- South Korea’s govt. to invest over $200M in public, private blockchain initiatives.
- Blockchain startup incubator Bluehill launches $50M fund.
- JJL and Lendlease, two large real estate corporations, launch Propell Asia, a regional accelerator focused on property technology startups in SEA.