- Early-stage venture capital firm Mercury Fund targets $125M for fourth and largest fund.
- Machine learning startup Falkonry brings in $4.6M in Series A.
- Scratchpay, fintech company focused on veterinary care, has raised $6.4M in Series A led by Companion Fund.
- Commerce solutions provider Elastic Path has raised $43M in a Series B led by Sageview Capital.
- Disney is expected to add cash to its bid for Twenty-First Century Fox assets against Comcast.
- Japanese online marketplace Mercari jumps 77% in Tokyo Debut after $1.2B IPO.
- Google AI can predict when people will die with “95% accuracy”.
- SurveyMonkey finally files for IPO nearly two decades after its founding.
- Xiaomi will delay its CDR offering at the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- JD.com records GMV of RMB 159B during 18-day “618” promotion. 3.Koubei invests RMB 100M in Series B funding in online wedding service provider Huanxiong.
- Chexingyi 车行易, automotive aftermarket services firm, raises $10M in Series B round led by Ucar.
- www.Landi.com (Landi English/兰迪少儿英语) completes RMB 520M in Series C.
- Baidu Music is being rebranded with a new name and logo – Qianqian Music 千千音乐.
- Bianli 24 (便利24) completes $10M Pre-A round led by Sequoia Capital.
- Square, U.S. version of Alipay, received Bitcoin trading license from New York State.
- Brussels Airport launches blockchain application to track cargo transport.