Applications for Batch 17 are open until February 7, 2020 (GMT+8)
1. Menlo Ventures just raised a new $500 million fund to invest in Series B and C rounds
2. German insurance giant Allianz increases its VC fund to $1.1 billion
3. Talent investor Entrepreneur First closes the first US$115M worth of global fund
4. EU countries back copyright reforms aimed at Google, Facebook
5. Steve Cohen’s Point72 Ventures has invested in a U.S. cybersecurity firm Armorblox
6. SoftBank’s Vision Fund leads a $200 million investment in Clutter at a $600 million valuation
7. WhatsApp bug lets users bypass new privacy controls
8. Uber fixes bug that exposed third-party app secrets
9. Lyft reportedly plans to debut on Nasdaq next month
10. QuizUp founder launches Teatime, a mobile gaming platform with built-in video chat
11. Morgan Stanley: Push to electric vans and trucks will be led by Amazon and other ‘megafleets’
12. Microsoft is taking a slow and steady approach toward integrating GitHub, job listings suggest
13. Image recognition startup ViSenze raises $20M Series C
1. PC maker Lenovo returns to profit in third-quarter on strong performance across business groups
2. Tencent says it will not scale back on investments this year
3. Baidu bucks the capital winter to play catch-up to Alibaba, Tencent in outside investments
4. Meituan claimed that it’s impossible to integrate Dianping to Meituan app.
5. NetEase Q4 2018 Earnings Release – $2.89billion revenue in Q4 2018.
6. Vipshop Q4 2018 Earnings Release – $26.1billion revenue in Q4 2018
7. Hong Kong-based on-demand logistics startup Lalamove raises $300M for Asia growth and becomes a unicorn
8. Selfie app maker Meitu eyes overseas gaming market with $340 million deal for a 31% stake in game publishing company Dreamscape Horizon
9. Logistics booking platform Huolala 货拉拉 secured an investment of $300million in Series D.
10. Streaming media platform Douban FM 豆瓣FM received investment from Tencent music group.
1. Chinese electric car maker Kandi shares rocket 40% on approval of US imports
2. On-demand shuttle startup Via enters South American market
1. Samsung just announced the first foldable phone you can buy and it will cost $1,980
2. Xiaomi’s Mi 9 includes a triple lens rear camera and wireless charging
1. Facebook and Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority launched their first data innovation startup programme in Asia
2. Indonesia-based fintech platform InfraDigital raises seed funding from Fenox Ventures
3. Dentsu Aegis Network acquires digital agency Happy Marketer
4. Singapore-based social media platform Bigo to invest over US$100M for India expansion
cover picture credits from Jing Daily.
Hero Center, Level 1, Building 3, West Entrance, No.28 Yuyuan East Rd., Jing’An District Shanghai China 200040
Start typing and press Enter to search