NewCo 2019 | Join a startup ecosystem safari and experience innovation in China | October 24, Shanghai
1. Chat-service firm Slack taps Goldman Sachs to lead IPO
2. SoftBank’s Vision Fund inches closer to $100B
3. Uber makes confidential filing for long-awaited IPO
4. Facebook to buy back additional $9 billion of shares
5 Apple buys Platoon, a start-up that helps indie musicians get discovered
6. Australian watchdog wants a regulator for Google, Facebook
7. Walmart announced to plan to buy Art.com, one of the largest online sellers of art and wall decor globally.
8. Google’s AI-focused venture arm led a $7 million investment in Cambridge, Mass.-based Wise Systems
9. Essential acquires email startup CloudMagic
10. Elon Musk says Tesla would consider buying idled GM plants, takes another swing at the SEC on 60 Minutes
11. Alphabet cybersecurity group Chronicle is expanding to Spain with a growing team of virus hunters
12. Payment service Toss becomes Korea’s newest unicorn after raising $80M
13. Digital pharmacy company Alto closed $50 million in Series C financing
1. China says rejecting physical cash is illegal amid e-payments popularity
2. Tencent-backed fleet manager G7 racks up $320M in funding
3. China’s ByteDance to raise about US$1.45 billion for its venture fund
4. Alibaba Group takes majority control of loss-making movie unit Alibaba Pictures with $160M share purchase
5. Taiwan-based travel startup AsiaYo raises $7M Series B led by Alibaba Taiwan Entrepreneurs Fund
6. Xiaomi opened their first store in Mexico.
7. Video technology company Right Paddle 右划科技 just closed B round.
1. Grab invested $100 million in Indian hotel-reservations startup OYO.
2. Online jewelry business in Indonesia Orori increases innovations and product integration post Series B funding from Amand Ventures.
4. Singapore-based Morpheus Labs Co-founder’s new startup ecxx.com (a digital assets exchange) launches with US$2M funding
5. Philippines-based livestream mobile app Kumu raises US$1.2M seed funding
6. Thailand’s fleet intelligence solutions startup DRVR close to raising US$450K funding
7. Singapore-based Property agent comparison platform Propseller secures US$1M seed funding
Cover picture credits from Yahoo Finance.
Hero Center, Level 1, Building 3, West Entrance, No.28 Yuyuan East Rd., Jing’An District Shanghai China 200040
Start typing and press Enter to search