Applications for Batch 17 are open until February 7, 2020 (GMT+8)
1. Female founders have brought in just 2.2% of US VC this year
2. Uber seeks OK to resume self-driving tests in Pennsylvania
3. Facebook reorganizes Oculus for AR/VR’s long-haul
4. Apple reportedly launches its first 5G iPhone in 2020
5. Amazon is letting users choose the day packages are delivered
6. SoftBank’s Vision Fund invested $1.1 billion in smart glass maker View
7. GM is getting into the electric bike business
8. A pizza-making robot company disclosed a $375 million investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund
9. 98point6, a company that sells text message-based medical care, raised $50 million led by the Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs.
10. Digital sports media company The Athletic raised $40 million in Series C financing
11. Israeli drone start-up Airobotics announced $30 million in Series D financing, led by Pavilion Capital
12. Education tech company Imbellus raised $14.5 million in Series A funding for its game-based online learning assessments.
13. Sequoia leads $10M round for home improvement negotiator Setter
1. Chinese chip firm Fujian Jinhua denies stealing IP from Micron
2. Tesla expects to invest up to $6 billion over next two years in factories and equipment, ramps up production in China
3. TikTok surpassed Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat & YouTube in downloads last month
4. Tencent is launching its own version of Snap Spectacles
5. ofo confirmed moving their headquarter to another building.
6. Swire Properties Limited set up partnership with Tmall for new retail development.
7. Invictus Gaming wins 2018 League of Legends World Championship
Blockchain firm ConsenSys bought asteroid mining company Planetary Resources
1. Vietnam releases cybersecurity draft decree
2. Tiger Global Management are said to be in advanced talks to invest US$5-6 million each in two Indian startups, Fyle and Facilio
3. Malaysia teams up with The Edge on property financing portal
Cover picture credits from TechCrunch
Hero Center, Level 1, Building 3, West Entrance, No.28 Yuyuan East Rd., Jing’An District Shanghai China 200040
Start typing and press Enter to search