1. Softbank’s Saudi-backed Vision Fund to raise $4 billion in debt
2. Microsoft made $1.3 billion in cash payments in GitHub deal
3. Los Angeles-based SGVC closed its third fund with $51 million in committed capital.
4. Mary Meeker is said to be raising up to $1.25 billion for her new growth fund
5. Facebook launches Lasso, its music and video TikTok clone
6. Tesla names director Denholm to replace Musk as board chair
7. VW plans to sell electric Tesla rival for less than $23,000
8. Nested, the online estate agent that makes home sellers ‘chain-free’, raises further £120M
9. Taxify aims for 10-fold Africa growth, to overtake Uber in Europe
10. SAP is acquiring survey software maker Qualtrics for $8 billion
11. Amazon is offering 50 percent cheaper shipping than UPS for some sellers
12. Ford to buy scooter-sharing company Spin to beef up mobility business
13. Agriculture intelligence platform Taranis raised $20 million in Series B funding, led by Viola Ventures.
14. Intel Capital led a $16 million Series B round in Overwolf, an Israeli gaming and services platform.
15. Smart city start-up Quantela received a $10 million investment from Digital Alpha.
16. Pure Bit, a South Korean exchange, pulls a $2.8 million exit scam
1. Sogou and Xinhua developed AI robot anchors that can mimic human facial expressions and mannerisms while reading out reports and it was displayed on World Internet Conference
2. Alibaba sets new Singles Day record with more than $30.8 billion in sales in 24 hours
3. Shanghai-based Synyi, a provider of artificial intelligence-powered medical data solutions, has raised an undisclosed Series B+ funding round
4. Social commerce fashion app Mogu.Inc submitted IPO Prospectus in USA.
5. The sales amount on Xiaomi’s new retail omni-channel exceeded 3 billion.
1. Ant Financial-backed mobile payment firm Mynt seeks Philippine bank partners to grow microloans business
2. DailySocial moves forward with launch of Hybrid, an Indonesian e-sports news platform
3. Bangalore-based tech services provider Mphasis has acquired US-based Stelligent Systems for US$25 million in an all-cash deal
Cover picture credits from Livemint.