1. Tiger Global is launching a new fund with $3.75 billion in committed capital
2. IBM to acquire software company Red Hat for $34 billion
3. Qualcomm says Apple $7 billion behind in royalty payments
4. Microsoft overtakes Amazon as second most valuable U.S. company
5. Microsoft closes its $7.5B purchase of code-sharing platform GitHub
6. Facebook removes fake accounts tied to Iran that lured over 1 million followers
7. Snap shares sink as two million users move on
8. Mellanox, the $4 billion company that makes hardware for data centers, is exploring a sale
9. Bright Machines raised $179 million in series A funding from Eclipse Ventures to make robots smarter
10. Intel Capital, Meritech and Sapphire Ventures were among investors in a $100 million Series D financing round in DataRobot, a machine learning company.
11. Electric vehicle makers Nio and Eight Roads Ventures backed Innovusion who develops LiDAR sensors with a $30 million series A round
12. Tesla is rolling out its Navigate on Autopilot feature
13. Quizlet, the website for creating digital flashcards, hits 50M monthly users
14. Teikametrics raises $10M to optimize Amazon ads
1. Obscure Chinese firm Wingtech Technology Co will buy Dutch chip maker Nexperia for US$3.6 billion
2. Hong Kong science and tech hub set to deploy US$1.3B focussed on startups
3. ByteDance reportedly closes US$3B, values at US$75B
4. Hong Kong halts e-wallet auto top-ups after missing funds
5. Car hailing company Didi is exploring hotel business.
6. Electric car producer Byton 拜腾 is planning IPO.
7. Toothpaste brand Canban 参半 closed 7-digit RMB in A round.
-. Apple India Records 140% Jump In Net Profit For FY18
– Blockchain startup hires away Google’s messaging tech leader
1. Grab looks to avoid a price war with ride-hailing rival Go-Jek as it focuses on safe, reliable services
2. Singapore’s AnyMind Group raises US$13.5M to put AI tech into advertising and HR
3. Social network for sports prediction SportsHero launches in Malaysia, ties up with e-pay
Cover picture credits from CCN.