1. Apple’s App Store ads could be a $2 billion business by 2020, Bernstein analyst predicts
2. Netflix adds to growing debt pile with $2 billion bond issue
3. Aptoide wins court battle against Google in landmark case
4. Amazon.com, Qualcomm to put Alexa assistant in more headphones
5. PayPal has made a strategic investment in Tala, a financial technology startup that lends to underserved consumers in emerging markets
6. Discovery, PGA Tour to launch video streaming platform
7. YouTube invests $20 million in educational videos, giving advertisers more safe places for ads
8. Teens are abandoning Facebook at a staggering pace, but they’re still flocking to Instagram
9. SurveyMonkey plunges 11 percent after rival Qualtrics discloses much faster growth in IPO filing
10. Oracle acquires DataFox, a developer of ‘predictive intelligence as a service’ across millions of company records
11. Los Angeles investors and entrepreneurs launch PledgeLA, a diversity and inclusion program
12. Ford expands self-driving vehicle program to Washington, D.C.
13. Cowboy, the Belgian e-bike startup, raises €10M Series A
14. Minds, the blockchain-based social network, grabs a $6M Series A
1. ele.me announced their partnership with Wastons.
2. Alibaba opens two data centers in the UK to boost its cloud operations in Europe
3. Chinese travel platform Mafengwo denies faking reviews after social media storm
4. Ofo founder replaced as bike-sharing firm’s representative amid rash of lawsuits
5. Hong Kong-based TNG FinTech Group has acquired WalletKu, a finch company which offers prepaid mobile phones credit top up, bill payments, hotel and more
1. Grab preparing on-demand logistics service trials this week
2. Beam, Scooter-sharing startup from former Uber exec, raises US$6.4 million
3. Singapore VC join hands with Dutch venture firm to help grow the Southeast Asian early-stage startups
Cover picture credit from iDB.