1. Google picks up company behind Q&A app Superpod
2. Netflix soars 10% amid tech recovery
3. Apple inks deal with Samsung to distribute iTunes shows on TVs
4. NFL launches voice-powered football guide for Amazon Alexa
5. Samsung, Huawei supply majority of own modem chips, Qualcomm says
6. Fitness marketplace ClassPass acquires competitor GuavaPass
7. Gousto, the U.K. cook-at-home meal kit service, has raised a further £18 million
1. Private Chinese tech companies raised a record $69.4 billion in equity in 2018
2. Chinese phone maker Huawei punishes employees for iPhone tweet blunder
3. Chinese gay dating app Blued halts registration after underage HIV report
4. TikTok’s quietly launched ‘Lite’ app has reached over 12 million downloads since August
5. Huawei unveils cutting edge chips and servers aimed at handling big data and AI tasks
6. Lenovo’s chairman says worst is over for PC giant and ‘intelligent transformation’ set to reap rewards
7. Huya Livestream 虎牙直播 MAU reached 100million and will start setting up a e-sports company.
8. China’s first 5G subway station is officially opened in Chengdu.
9. Electric car startup Byton on track to complete China factory by May
10. Industrial Internet platform 航天智控 Hangtian Zhikong raised 7-digit RMB in Series A.
South Korea’s Celltrion aims to set up China JV within first half of 2019
1. Ledger announces next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet
2. Supported by Singapore government, LongHash to launch incubation program targeting early stagers blockchain projects
1. Malaysia’s dropshipping platform Kumoten secures pre-Series A funding from Cradle Fund
2. Philippines-based office spaces online marketplace FlySpaces acquires HK-based office space marketplace Quikspaces
Cover picture credits from Axios