1. Mobile is the US$120B future of tech business, report by App Annie
2. After raising $125M, Munchery fails to deliver
3. Facebook to add 1,000 new jobs in Ireland by year-end
4. French watchdog slaps Google with $57 million fine under new EU law
5. Facebook’s WhatsApp limits text forwards to 5 recipients to curb rumors
6. Facebook is reportedly testing solar-powered internet drones again — this time with Airbus
7. Roger Dickey ditches $32M-funded Gigster to start Untitled Labs designed to test multiple consumer tech ideas
8. Kaia Health gets $10M support for AI-powered management of chronic pain
9. Flexciton is using AI to help factories optimise production lines
10. ‘Anti-Uber’ taxi strikes kick off again in Spain
11. Zwipe tops up with $14M to bring biometric payment cards to market this year
1. China approves third batch of video games; still no Tencent
2. Tencent weighing bid for holding company behind Korea’s Nexon
3. Huawei founder says West would be ‘foolish’ not to buy its 5G products as they are leading edge
4. Chinese drone giant DJI unearths US$150 million losses from fraud
5. Maoyan Entertainment 猫眼娱乐 will probably postpone the IPO.
6. You can find the social app Duoshan 多闪 launched by Tik Tok on App Store now.
7. Coffee brand FISHEYE coffee 鱼眼咖啡 secured 7-digit in Series A.
Korean ride-hailing startup TADA launches in Vietnam
Blockchain-based profession education company ChainDesk raised 10 million RMB in Pre-A.
1. Warung Pintar raises $27.5M to digitize Indonesia’s street vendors
2. e27 Southeast Asia Startup Ecosystem Report 2018
3. Gobi Partners-Core Capital JV invests in Filipino startups MariaHealth, Edukasyon
4. Singapore’s Motorist raises seed funding round from co-founders of JobsCentral, Zopim
5. Cloud business management platform Jojonomic raises funding from Finch Capital
Cover picture credits from e27.
We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.
Start typing and press Enter to search