Keep your eye on this space: We will be adding new speakers as they are confirmed. Each NewCo Shanghai 2019 host company will have their own speakers, and there might be some surprise speakers thrown in, too.
NewCo Shanghai 2019 Speakers
Thibault Genaitay, Head of Le Wagon China
Digital marketing practitioner and self-taught developer for 15 years, Thibault held positions as tech project manager & account director for digital consultancies in both Shanghai & Hong Kong. He worked with luxury brands such as Guerlain, Sephora, Louis Vuitton, Lanvin, Cartier to build high-end online services. In 2016, Thibault brought Le Wagon from Europe to Shanghai aiming to help creative entrepreneurs build amazing products in China.
Besides teaching front-end development, Thibault leads the operations of Le Wagon in China in order to bring all the tech skills and mindset necessary in our digital economy.
Mike Lai, Dean of X Academy & Partner at TANG
Mike is responsible for the research, development, and evangelism of TANG’s philosophy and methodology, X Thinking. He has a diverse background with over 10 years consulting experience and 7 years teaching experience in academia; worked in the United States, Hong Kong, and China; and has experience in the areas of branding, interaction design, service design, and experience design. His clients have included Fortune 500 companies, startups, nonprofit organizations from financial, consumer electronics, automotive, and education industries. Mike holds a PhD in Design from Tsinghua University (China), a MDes in Interaction Design from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong), and a BFA in Advertising & Graphic Design from the Columbus College of Art & Design (United States). Mike helps businesses envision, develop, and implement strategies for holistic experiences to create a closer relationship between their brand and customers.
Dinghua Liu, Head of Strategy at Airwallex
Dinghua has over a decade of working experience in banking and financial service industry. She has a bachelor and master degree in Economics from Peking University. She has been working for Roland Berger, Deutsche Bank and more recently Boston Consulting Group as project leader for FIs. By managing and leading key strategic projects for various FIs like commercial banks, financial holding group and asset management companies, Dinghua has gained in-depth understanding in financial service landscape, especially banking industry dynamics and has been well recognized by key clients.
Sebastien Gaudin, CEO & Co-founder of The CareVoice
Sebastien’s career has been dedicated to healthcare and new businesses. With an academic background in pharmaceuticals and business, Sebastien Gaudin worked as business development and marketing leader on multiple therapeutic and geographic markets at Sanofi for twelve years, taking a management position within Sanofi China in 2011. Sebastien founded The CareVoice, a Shanghai-based start-up, with the mission of transforming healthcare experience to be more consumer-centric. Thanks to a successful pivot into health insurtech, CareVoice has been working with multiple insurers to unleash their value. After graduating from Ping An first accelerator program and soft-launching the first health benefit and insurance for start-ups in China, Sebastien co-founded StartupCare a new insurtech dedicated to insurance and benefits for start-ups.
More speakers will be announced soon!
To get a sense of what this year’s speaker list will look like, check out last year’s lineup below:
NewCo Shanghai 2018 Speakers
- Oscar Ramos, Managing Director at Chinaccelerator
- Victor Tseng, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at Ctrip
- Jimmy Zhou, Executive Director of Strategic Investment Department at SenseTime
- Xiaolei Huang, Founder & CEO of Parkbox
- Martin Shen, CEO of Penguin Xingren
- Samuel Austin, Public Relations Manager of the Global Branding Department at Yoozoo Games
- Eduardo Alarcón, Founder & CEO of tokylabs.com
- Ronan Berder, CEO & Founder of Wiredcraft
- Alvin Chiang, Founder & CEO of Bowhead Technology
- Remy Jauffret, Design Director of IDEO Shanghai
- Alex Duncan, Co-founder of Kawo
- Kevin Chen, Co-founder of italki
- Xiang Li, Senior Technical Director of Ping++
- Patrick Ma, External Innovation Lead at Sanofi China
- Miranda Tan, CEO of Robin8
- James Xu, Managing Director and Partner of TANG
- Liu Yang, Founder of Fotoplace
- Alex Huang, Senior Vice President at Peopled Squared
- Wei Han, 总经理 at 上海启迪创业孵化器有限公司
- Bruce Li, 管理合伙人 at 唐硕体验创新咨询