PHP developer (Intern) | Visual Chameleon Inc.
Visual Chameleon is a US tech startup applying AI in fashion. Its main product platform is called Voilà!, an e-commerce and data analytics platform connecting influencers (KOLs) with 90%+ global fashion brands; with a unique visual search and recommendation engine, fashion influencers can better tailor their content and product promotions for their followers, and yield higher conversion rate.
Position Title ：PHP developer (Intern)
Description of Role
Are you a highly ambitious PHP Developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots
We are looking for a motivated PHP Developer to come join our fast-paced, fun and rewarding agile
agile team of professionals.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skill set, then you are
the type of person we are looking for!
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performing applications
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Extensive experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Hands on Angular, couchDB and/or MongoDB
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Knowledge of API’s, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap
- English or Chinese (普通话) – one must be work efficient
- Location: Jingan Temple, Shanghai (can work remotely sometimes)
- Hours per week: 10-20hrs
- Start Date: September
- Minimum duration: 3 months
- Internship stipend: Unpaid to up to 2000RMB/month
- Please send your resume to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Instead of a cover letter, please answer the two following questions:
◼ What is the problem you want to solve today with technology? And what is the problem you think we’re solving it in the wrong way today and why?
◼ What are the 1-2 achievements you are most proud of?
|Job Category||Information Technology|