Corporate Innovation Manager | SOSV
Chinaccelerator is the first startup acceleratore to launch in China in 2010 and is the #1 accelerator in Asia in terms of number of companies accelerated, the amount we have invested in those companies and how much the companies raised from other investors post accelerator program (Gust, 2018). Chinaccelerator is a mentorship-driven program helping internet startups from around the world cross borders – from the world into China and from China to the world and regional enterprise.
Chinaccelerator is operated by SOSV a venture capital fund with has US$700M assets under management operating 6 accelerators around the world. Chinaccelerator offers six months of rigorous guidance, training, and resources from mentors, partners, and investors. The robust and supportive alumni network continues into the startups’ post-Chinaccelerator lifespan.
Chinaccelerator’s Corporate Innovation Department develops and runs multiple innovation programs for Fortune 500 companies across the world. The Corporate Innovation team is currently looking for a manager to join the Corporate Innovation Department at Chinaccelerator to help with project management, business development and partnership with local and international corporates.
Description of Role
This role will primarily consist of business development and project management duties. As a Corporate Innovation Manager, you will engage in the following:
- Forge and manage relationships with large corporations
- Coordinate conversations among Chinaccelerator, partner corporates and startups.
- Develop, sell, and manage different innovation programs for corporates.
- Support SOSV’s portfolio startups with business development and strategic partnerships
- Manage tasks, timelines, and activities related to corporate innovation programs
- Research, develop, analyze, suggest new solutions, and source startups for Corporate’s challenges.
The ideal candidate will also be able to:
- Plan, host, and manage events for corporates, startups, and the firm across Asia.
- Write articles, thought pieces, research reports, and case studies on corporate innovation.
- Develop and execute marketing and events strategy for the Corporate Innovation Department.
- You are a Native English Speaker; proficiency in Mandarin is a bonus, but not necessary.
- You are interested in Tech, Innovation, and Startups.
- You are a strong communicator and have fantastic relationship-building skills.
- Previous experience at a startup, corporate, or in consulting is preferred, but not necessary.
- You are willing to spend extra time for events, workshops, business trips and more.
- You are hard-working, enthusiastic, and ambitious. You like to see your work produce tangible results, and you take the initiative to make a difference!
- You are well-organized, have strong management skills and the ability to sort through and adeptly process works of various importance and urgency levels.
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Location: Jing’an, Shanghai
- Hours per week: 40+
- Start Date: January
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. CC email@example.com
- Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1. What are the 1-2 achievements you are most proud of? Why?
2. What is one startup that most people think is a great business but you’re skeptical about? Why?
We will be evaluating applications as they are submitted. Please submit only your resume and concise answers to the above questions.