Research & Technical Writing intern
Research & Technical Writing Internship at CivilCops
Duration of Internship – 4 Months
Starting Date – Immediately
No. of Openings – 2
Type of Internship – Remote
HOW TO APPLY – Write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV/Resume.
Subject of the mail – Research & Technical Writing Internship at CivilCops.
CivilCops is a social intelligence organization for Smart Cities empowering citizens and facilitating Government Authorities to be more accessible, efficient and effective in public service delivery. We are bridging the data and knowledge gap between citizens and governments by establishing seamless communication medium for citizen collaboration and a platform for Governments to increase service responsiveness and shaping service delivery to meet citizen’s needs and wants.
CivilCops provides Artificial Intelligence powered chat and voice interfaces integrated over multiple platforms for the Authorities to engage with the residents in providing feedback/suggestions on public services and reporting non-emergency complaints they are facing. Hence, bringing them more value and creating a new kind of city service approach.
For the Authorities to take faster and better decisions, evaluate the impact of existing services/initiatives and accordingly make changes by keeping the citizens in the loop, CivilCops provides CITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. The platform consolidates public data, streamlines requests and workflows with automation and leverages data to get actionable insights, define priorities and make decisions that improve citizen service delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Conduct detailed research of intended subject matter according to business needs
– Formulate effective and efficient research processes
– Identify market trends and patterns
– Design surveys, questionnaires, polls, etc. specific to research requirements
– Test research methodologies to confirm intended purpose of evaluation
– Perform fieldwork, interviews, experiments, concept tests, etc. to gather data
– Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information
– Perform evaluative analysis of selected resources and current market data
– Organize and maintain research databases
– Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies
– Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, mock-ups, and diagrams
– Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals – Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts – Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
– Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
– Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
– Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
– Standardize content across platforms and media
Qualifications: ● B. Tech/ B.E. /M. Tech or a related technical discipline from reputed universities
– Proven experience working in a technical writing position
– Understanding of the latest technologies & tech startups
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Proficiency in MS Office and PowerPoint
– Strong attention to detail
– Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
– Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking