SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Raw Version) | PouchNATION
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Raw Version) | February 2020
PouchNATION is an EVENT TECHNOLOGY company that helps event organizers with guest registration, cashless payments, access control, activity tracking, social engagement, and detailed analytic reporting.
DETAILS and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collaborate with Product Manager and engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products, enhance existing applications and develop new features
2. This is a senior role, so expect to mentor other engineers and take leadership and ownership of a code base.
3. Create software based on proper UI and UX guidelines
4. Design, implement, test, and deploy software from scratch
5. Document and communicate progress on design and code for team members
6. Maintain and bug fix of existing codes
7. Responsible for implementing third-party web services and libraries
8. Implement requirements from Jira
9. Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
10. Collaborate with other development members to establish objectives and design more functional cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
11. Manage the lifecycle of APIs (Create, Design, Develop, Publish, Version and Retire)
12. Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
13. Write clean and maintainable code
14. Design and implement data storage solutions
15. Participate in brainstorming and contribute on new ideas to improve our system and products
16. Understand the end-user requirements and needs
17. Identify, investigate and fix bug issues encountered
18. Participate in architectural development
1. 4+ years of experience as a Web Developer, Frontend Engineer or a Full-stack developer.
2. A portfolio of sample webapps developed.
3. We are looking for web app engineers, not web site developers.
5. Proficient in using web application frameworks (React or Angular)
6. Knowledge in using tools for web development such as; NPM, Webpack, Git and Gulp.
7. Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
8. Experience building a web application from scratch.
9. Experience with browser APIs and optimizing frontend performance.
10. Knowledge with backend programming is not required.
11. Experience working with Agile methodologies.
12. Ability to solve problems and overcome challenges.
13. Updated with web/mobile news and technologies.
14. Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, information technology or related field
15. 4+ years of experience as a Java backend engineer.
16. Hands on experience with programming languages and frameworks with the following Java 8+, Spring Boot 2+.
17. Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like shell scripting
18. Experience creating RESTful APIs to build web services
19. Experience with either SQL or NoSQL databases
20. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
21. Experience Agile/Scrum methodology for product development
● Knowledge and professional working experience of Containers (Docker) and its Deployment /Tools for Orchestration. (Docker Swarm)
● Knowledge in cloud services platform (AWS)
● Knowledge in microservices and microservices related tools (Zuul, Eureka, Spring Cloud)
● Knowledge in CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI)
● Knowledge in frontend frameworks (Angular 7, ReactJS)