Program Manager | SOSV Cross-Border
Job title: Program Manager
Reporting to: COO
Location: Shanghai, China
SOSV is the world’s leading early-stage investor with US$ 970 million in assets under management. SOSV Cross-Border Internet consists of Chinaccelerator and MOX—deeply resourced startup development programs for both enterprise-tech and consumer-tech, with over 240 corporate partners and over 100M consumers in our ecosystem.SOSV Cross-Border Internet (chinaccelerator.com and mobileonlyx.com) is looking for a Program Manager located in Shanghai, China to join our Business Fundamentals team which helps startups grow fast by making sure they get the right resources from our startup platform and working 1:1 with them on their key foundations. You will work closely with our founders and startup and mentor community to help some of the world’s most innovative and world-changing ideas succeed.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- The progress of the companies through core business fundamentals such as experimental design, key metrics, OKRs, customer validation and business model development.
- Ensuring the smooth planning and running of individual program sessions and related events
- Making sure the best companies from pre-accelerator programs are funnelled through the deal-flow pipeline
Your responsibilities will be:
- Designing and managing core program modules
- Day to day management of program content and stakeholders (team mates, mentors and startups) as the program progresses
- Reporting on the progress of of startups through the program
- Sourcing and assignment of mentors, startups, EIRs and speakers for events
- Learning the tools and techniques to support startups through business fundamentals and ensuring that the startups know why and how to apply to them
- Designing and management of corporate and government programs
In three months you will:
- Be familiar with SOSV, Cross-Border Internet (chinaccelerator.com and mobileonlyx.com) and be able to promote our unique value proposition
- Understand how SOSV Cross-Border modules, teams, EIRs, mentors help startups as a platform
- Have onboarded 5 new companies into SOSV Cross-Border
In six months you will:
- Have participated in several core modules
- Been part of core module design and planning
- Have worked 1:1 with startups on their business fundamentals
- Be coordinating between startups and their supporting resources
- Be liaising with stakeholders on progress of individual startups, their deliverables and needs
In 1 year you will:
- Have strong input in how to improve our startup modules and mentor engagement
- Be able to design a pre-accelerator program based on partner and SOSV Cross-Border needs
- Be ready to be the lead a pre-accelerator program and deal flow pipeline
We are looking for people who:
- Know key startup and business frameworks and have opinions from when you’ve tried to use them
- Are avid consumers of business thought leadership and have a recommend and avoid list
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills who are comfortable meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple stakeholders
- Possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable working with and collecting data and other research
- Understand the difference between coaching, consulting, mentoring and teaching.
- Have personal mentors and can empathize with mentees
- Have a passion for startups and venture capital
The successful candidate has:
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Have experience mentoring and managing junior staff
- Experience in developing training, educational or accelerator programs
- Professional proficiency in Mandarin (optional but highly preferred)
SOSV is the #1 most active angel and seed stage investor and #3 most active Venture Capital investor in the world with US$970 million assets under management. SOSV Cross-Border Internet runs both MOX and Chinaccelerator.
MOX — the Mobile Only Accelerator — helping consumer internet startups from around the world and expand to Asia and across Asia. MOX offers startups investment and free user acquisition via its smartphone ecosystem of 102 million monthly active users and direct cash investment in return for equity and revenue share to its promotion partners.
Chinaccelerator, Asia’s leading startup development program, is a mentorship-driven program helping enterprise software startups from around the world enter Asia selling to a network of over 250 multinational corporate partners, and global startups enter China and local Chinese startups expand to global markets.
|Job Category||program team|