(BD, Admin, PR, Design) Internship | Rocketship
Rocketship is a new kind of online education platform that focuses on learning through community and interactive experiences. Anyone can use our platform to create an online course that includes mentorship, networking, content, and live events. Our customers currently include some of the top startup accelerators in the world, who use our platform to train new entrepreneurs on how to build and scale their companies. Our future plans include expanding into other topics including software development and other high demand job areas. You can view more about the business’s vision here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l4r9tjVbEU
We are a US company with an HQ office in Seoul, Korea and we recently won the K-Startup Grand Challenge (2nd Place), the biggest startup competition for foreign startups entering the Korean market.
The Co-Founders include two Americans and one Korean, with extensive experience in startups in the education space. Trevor Owens (CEO) and Grace Ng (CPO) previously founded, built, and sold an education company called Lean Startup Machine and an SaaS software platform called Javelin. Sihoon Kim (CTO) is a graduate of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) and worked at one of Korea’s hot startup companies Manna EA.
You will be working directly with the Co-Founders to take on a project or support in the growth and development of the Rocketship business. You may also be working collaboratively with other international interns from around the world.
As an education startup, we believe mentoring is very important and if you join as an intern the Co-Founders will make it our mission to ensure you take away valuable lessons and experience. We will do our best to give you work that you find interesting and important to the business. We want you to feel and know that after this internship you have gained a better understanding of startups and international business.
Previous interns and employees of our companies have gone on to work at top startups and corporations in the tech world, as well as start their own successful businesses. If you work hard and are reliable, we will open any doors we can for you in the future.
Intern for Rocketship (K-Startup Winner 2020) and help us change online education
We are looking for interns in different fields, apply if you have any one of the below skills:
– Design UI/UX
– Coding, JS, HTML, CSS
– Marketing/Social Media/Content
– Business Development/Sales
– Administration/Executive Support
Or if you are just driven, creative, eager to learn and grow.
Internship – Founder’s Apprentice to CEO for Rocketship, K-Startup Winner 2020
1. Work directly with the CEO (Trevor Owens, an American who does not speak Korean very well yet) on a
2. Support in activities related to fundraising, research, customer outreach, administration work, and generally do
anything that needs to be done.
3. You should be a self-motivated self-starter who take initiative and can work effectively without supervision or
4. You should be detail oriented, hungry, flexible, and a good communicator and problem solver.
To apply, write us a brief note (i.e. cover letter) including:
1. Why you are interested in Rocketship as a business/company.
2. What are your skills, experience, and how you can help.
3. What your future career goals are and how we can help you achieve them.
4. Please let us know where in Seoul you are based (bonus if you are based in Gangnam, Seongsu, or Pangyo).
The cover letter does not need to be too formal. We are more interested in your motivation and skills.
|Job Category||BD, Design, Marketing, Technical|