Growth Specialist | SOSV Cross-Border
Job title: Growth Specialist
Reporting to: Program Director, Growth
SOSV Cross-Border Internet is looking for a Growth Specialist located in Shanghai, reporting to the Program Director, Growth.
S/he will be responsible for all the marketing initiatives across SOSV Cross-Border Internet. The Growth Specialist will drive and optimize marketing around SOSV Cross-Border Internet’s digital space, spearhead marketing campaigns across different social channels to grow and improve our brand awareness, and work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure our brand’s voice is consistent across the digital realm.
You will be accountable for:
- Providing timely, clear communication with internal teams and
- Delivering clear, concise weekly reporting of marketing campaign metrics.
- Analyzing the results of marketing efforts and adjusting the plan as required.
- Achieving marketing targets on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Representing SOSV Cross-Border’s value-add to startups and partners.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Leverage market insights to develop and execute marketing plans
- Gather metrics for marketing campaign reporting.
- Enhance brand exposure and profile on social channels.
- Set up, plan, optimize marketing campaigns for SOSV Cross-Border
- Provide our startups advisory support and direction on setting up, optimizing marketing campaigns.
In three months you will…
- be familiar with SOSV, our startups and related accelerators
- be familiar of the current annual event calendar
- be familiar with our mentor network and partner network
- be familiar with the current marketing assets, tools and approach for SOSV and cross-border
- have participated in multiple meetings with startups, internally and departmentally
In six months you will…
- have a clear plan for marketing and lead acquisition for SOSV Cross-Border startups, VCs, corporate partners and mentors
- have completed several smaller marketing experiments to determine key tracking issues and needs
- have a weekly marketing activity report covering key tracker metrics
In 1 year you will…
- have completed at least one full batch cycle for both Chinaccelerator and MOX
- have completed an annual review with your reporting manager
- have provided support to multiple startups over multiple current and alumni batches
- have put in place clear SOPs and strategies for marketing of SOSV and Cross-Border startups, VCs, corporate partners and mentors
We are looking for people who:
- Use data to drive decisions
- Prioritizes speed over perfection
- OK doing things that do not scale
- Active listener and communicator
- Proactive in taking on initiatives
- Willing to help others wherever possible and practical
- Organized, prepared and on time
- Highlights problems for the good of the team
- Able to work under pressure but with a sense of humor
- Excited by innovation, entrepreneurship and serving startups
The successful candidate has:
- Experience working at startups is preferred but not a must.
- Hands on experience setting up, preparing tests and optimizing
- Must be fluent in both Mandarin and English.
SOSV is the #1 most active angel and seed stage investor and #3 most active Venture Capital investor in the world with US$970 million assets under management. SOSV Cross-Border Internet runs both MOX and Chinaccelerator.
MOX — the Mobile Only Accelerator — helping consumer internet startups from around the world and expand to Asia and across Asia. MOX offers startups investment and free user acquisition via its smartphone ecosystem of 102 million monthly active users and direct cash investment in return for equity and revenue share to its promotion partners.
Chinaccelerator, Asia’s leading startup development program, is a mentorship-driven program helping enterprise software startups from around the world enter Asia selling to a network of over 250 multinational corporate partners, and global startups enter China and local Chinese startups expand to global markets.