Data Analyst Intern |HAX
Data Analyst Intern
Full Time/Part-Time; Shenzhen
HAX is a venture capital program for hardware enabled startups. With locations in Shenzhen and San Francisco , HAX helps startups from all over the world go from early prototypes to scaled businesses. Over the past 9 years, we have invested and supported startups in robotics, IoT, health and consumer electronics with a passionate staff of full-stack engineering, business strategy, and a network of hard tech-savvy investors.
HAX is part of SOSV, a global venture capital firm providing multi-stage investment to develop and scale our founders’ big ideas for positive change. We invest in 150 companies every year through our world class venture capital programs in hardware, life sciences, food and blockchain.
About the position
This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in data analysis to gain practical experience in a rapidly growing and exciting business. The intern will be supervised by the lead Data Analyst and receive training on business operations and database architecture. He or she will then learn how to query the database and handle data requests of increasing complexity, with exposure to users and data from all areas of the business.
The intern will also learn how to maintain existing reports and develop new reports using Excel and SQL Server Reporting Services. Our team is also undertaking an ERP implementation of Microsoft NAV, and there may be project-related work including data cleansing, data migration, and system process testing.
We offer a unique and creative corporate culture, a flexible work schedule, a state-of-the-art new facility, and free coffee all day from our office! Please go to www.hax.co about us for more information about the company.
● Query database based on requests from all areas of the business.
● Deliver data to end users in the most appropriate format (ERP reporting tool, Excel, SSRS).
● Maintain and update existing reports based on routine schedules.
● Define user requirements and develop new reports.
● Assist with ERP implementation projects as needed.
The ideal candidate to work with HAX will have the following attributes and experience:
● Intermediate Microsoft Excel: pivot tables and advanced formulas
● General relational database concepts
● Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
● General business knowledge
● Ability to communicate effectively to a range of end users
● Desire to work professionally in a data-related field
● Fluency in English
Send your CV to email@example.com