Community Engagement Intern
Community Engagement Intern
As a community engagement intern, you’ll get to launch and manage our worker communities within factories. Now is an exciting time to join KNO as some of the world’s top brands are using our platform, and we’re responding to growing demand during the COVID-19 crisis.
KNO was started with a powerful story and vision to humanise the supply chain . We imagine a world where anyone can know the story of the people making their products. In 2013 a clothes factory famously collapsed in Bangladesh, crushing over 1,000 people to death and
costing the world’s biggest brands millions . The scary part is workers tried to share their concerns but they weren’t heard . “I thought to myself, how could this happen, and how can we stop anything like this from happening ever again?” This kickstarted an adventure into the heart of the global supply chain , that ended up in Marianne, our CEO, working at a factory in China alongside the people making her
Get in the Kno: We drive awareness and create connection for brands, factories and workers. Brands want to avoid the next factory crisis, factories want to reduce the cost of turnover and make sales, workers want a voice. Kno builds community with factory workers and reports on well-being data weekly, driving continuous improvement so brands can avoid costly crisis. Clients include Top 10 US retailers which opens us up to 2,000 factories and 1m+ workers.
Our product includes an app for weekly surveys and anonymous grievance. We also communicate with workers on a daily basis using WeChat groups and 1-1 conversations. Do you think you could help us on our mission to build community at the heart of every factory? This is needed more than ever to help stabilise factories during the COVID-19 crisis.
What you’ll be doing and how you’ll grow:
● Managing worker groups on WeChat. You’ll need to promote the weekly surveys and results to all the workers at a factory, as well as encourage them to take part in games and activities. You’ll learn about user growth and retention.
● Helping build content. You’ll need to find new and relevant content such as blogs, motivational quotes and mini challenges. You’ll prepare weekly content plans and pitch new ideas to test your entrepreneurial spirit.
● On-boarding new workers at a factory. You’ll welcome new workers to the WeChat group and help guide them through the on-boarding process.
● Responding to 1-1 worker conversations using wechat. Workers may reach out to share concerns with you. You’ll need to use your communication skills to respond in a friendly way.
● Preparing weekly reports on worker engagement. You’ll need to keep track of how workers are engaging, and you’ll earn bonuses for achieving high levels of engagement.
About you and your background:
● Out-going and friendly attitude, you enjoy building relationships and talking to new people
● Good communicator
● Passionate about having a social impact, any relevant experience is a bonus
● Entrepreneurial and eager to learn
● Bachelor Student at University with Professional level English and Mandarin Chinese
About our working environment and what we offer:
● You’ll be based virtually for now given the COVID-19 pandemic, but we do normally have co-working space in Hong Kong and Shanghai so if you’re based in either locations that is preferred.
● Work towards a positive cause and social impact
● Start-up culture. Learn from exposure to a fast paced company, team, mentors and investors. We’ve raised angel, government, VC funding and recently graduated China Accelerator batch 16.
● Team socials every 2 weeks, with people who share our core company values: Courage, Trust, Equality.
We’re looking for someone who is available to start immediately. This is a 3 or 6 month position, after that there is potential for a permanent position depending on your availability. If you’re not currently available but are interested in a summer internship, you can still write us an application. Please include a note on your availability when applying.
1. Send us a link to your LinkedIn profile and a copy of your CV
2. Write a covering email explaining why you think you’d be a good fit. Include something that excites you about working with us.
Find out more about us here: www.knoglobal.com