Community Event Analyst | SOSV CROSS-BORDER
Job title: Community Event Analyst
Reporting to: Community Manager
Location: Shanghai, China
SOSV is the #1 most active angel and seed stage investor and #3 most active Venture Capital investor in the world with US$970 million assets under management. SOSV Cross-Border Internet runs both MOX and Chinaccelerator startup platforms. We are looking for a Community Analyst to join the Community team. The Community Analyst will play a critical role in growing and shaping the SOSV Cross-Border community which includes startup companies, mentors, corporate partners, co-working spaces and startup ecosystem partners. Our community is the heart of what we do, bringing the innovation ecosystem together for mutual support, learning and growth. We believe in hard work, fun and the life-long support of startup companies. At SOSV, our purpose is to make the impossible inevitable.
You will be accountable for:
• Community events planning and execution under the objectives to bring new business collaboration leads and number of active community members engagement
• Consistent reporting of community metrics
• Actively sourcing resources for the community such as speaking opportunities, pitching opportunities and product discounts
• Identifying how and where a potential partner or mentor could add value to our community
• Understanding the value proposition of SOSV and representing this value in a positive and professional way to startups and partners
• In 3 months, you will be well adopted to the organization’s operations system, and be able to organize Cross-Border community events confidently.
• In 6 months, you will have a deep understanding of the Chinaccelerator MOX portfolio network and be able to work with partners to craft a public event including contract negotiations and logistics
• In 1 year, you will have a rich understanding of the international tech ecosystem and be able to strategize an action plan through determining relevant opportunities and crafting the key values needed for the growth of the community
Your responsibilities will be:
• Managing relationship with partners, mentors and portfolio founders
• Gathering metrics that define success in the team level
• Attending external networking events to build connections for the growth of the organization
• Supporting the yearly events strategy planning
• Possible travel outside Shanghai and (COVID permitting) to other regions for event support
• Any other duties as assigned
You might be a great fit for this job if you:
• Are super outgoing and love to meet new people
• Are a good team player and willing to take further steps to support the team
• Think about decisions from the point of the view of others
• Are not afraid to point out problems for the good of the team
• Have strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Have good social and networking skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment under pressure but with a sense of humor
• Excited by innovation, entrepreneurship and serving startups
The successful candidate has :
• Fluency in both Chinese and English in the working environment
• Exposure to start-up culture, accelerators
• At least 1 year of event organizing experience
• Proficient in virtual event platforms and video conferencing tools will be a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
SOSV is the #1 most active angel and seed stage investor and #3 most active Venture Capital investor in the world with US$970 million assets under management. SOSV Cross-Border Internet runs both MOX and Chinaccelerator.
MOX — the Mobile Only Accelerator — helping consumer internet startups from around the world and expand to Asia and across Asia. MOX offers startups investment and free user acquisition via its smartphone ecosystem of 102 million monthly active users and direct cash investment in return for equity and revenue share to its promotion partners.
Chinaccelerator, Asia’s leading startup development program, is a mentorship-driven program helping enterprise software startups from around the world enter Asia selling to a network of over 250 multinational corporate partners, and global startups enter China and local Chinese startups expand to global markets.