Business Development Intern
Business Development Intern
We’re looking for a business development intern to assist our CEO as we grow. Now is an exciting time to join KNO as we establish ourselves as thought leaders in supply chain transparency! Some of the world’s top brands are already using our platform, and we’re responding to growing demand during the COVID-19 crisis.
KNO was started with a powerful story and vision to humanise the supply chain . We imagine a world where anyone can know the story of the people making their products.
In 2013 a clothes factory famously collapsed in Bangladesh, crushing over 1,000 people to death and costing the world’s biggest brands millions . The scary part is workers tried to share their concerns but they weren’t heard . “I thought to myself, how could this happen, and how can we stop anything like this from happening ever again?” This kickstarted an adventure into the heart of the global supply chain ,
that ended up in Marianne, our CEO, working at a factory in China alongside the people making her clothes.
Get in the Kno: We drive awareness and create connection for brands, factories and workers. Brands want to avoid the next factory crisis, factories want to reduce the cost of turnover and make sales, workers want a voice. Kno builds community with factory workers and reports on well-being data weekly, driving continuous improvement so brands can avoid costly crisis. Clients include Top 10 US
retailers which opens us up to 2,000 factories and 1m+ workers.
Do you think you could help us on our mission to build community at the heart of every factory? This is needed more than ever to stabilise key suppliers during the COVID-19 crisis.
What you’ll be doing and how you’ll grow:
– Editing presentation material. Including updating text, formatting and design of powerpoints. Brand guidelines and existing templates will be provided, but you’re also encouraged to develop your creativity . These materials will be used with investors, brands and potential clients so you’ll get exposure to learning pitching skills .
– Preparing sales and marketing material. Including design of posters and advertisements. You can use Canva to help with design and copy will be provided. Your work will be presented to the world’s most recognised brands and their factories. Since our target factories are Chinese, if you can translate from English to Mandarin Chinese that would be an added advantage.
– Preparing reports for customers. As more brands join our platform, we need assistance to prepare monthly reports specifically for each client. These include findings from their factories alongside our data and analysis, which need design and formatting. You can help our CEO to prepare for big client meetings and learn alongside a Founder about how to run a start-up .
– Assist with development of our ‘thought leadership’ content. Last month we held a webinar related to COVID-19 which sold out with 200 sign ups (now on Youtube)! We wish to continue to grow our voice and audience reach, through creating more content including video and blogs. You can learn how to keep an audience engaged by helping to design online content and email marketing campaigns.
– Research. From time to time you can help assist with finding relevant research and statistics to further support our sales and marketing process, and help demonstrate the social and economic impact we have.
About you and your background:
– Graphic design skills, with an eye for design and detail. You should have previously done powerpoint presentations. No professional qualification expected.
– Passion for the field and social impact, any relevant experience a bonus
– Driven and keen to experience start-up and entrepreneur life
– Student for relevant Bachelors Degree
– Professional level English and Mandarin Chinese
About our working environment and what we offer:
– You’ll be based virtually for now given the COVID-19 pandemic, but we do normally have co-working space in Hong Kong and Shanghai so if you’re based in either locations that is preferred.
– Work towards a positive cause and social impact
– Start-up culture. Learn from exposure to a fast paced company, team, mentors and investors. We’ve raised angel, government, VC funding and recently graduated China Accelerator batch 16.
– Team socials every 2 weeks, with people who share our core company values: Courage, Trust, Equality.
We’re looking for someone who is available to start immediately. This is a volunteer position for a 3 month term, after that there is potential for a paid permanent position depending on your availability. If you’re not currently available but are interested in a summer internship, you can still consider writing us an application. Please include a note on your availability when applying.
1. Send us a link to your LinkedIn profile and a copy of your CV
2. Write a covering email explaining why you think you’d be a good fit. Include something that excites you about working with us.
Find out more about us here: www.knoglobal.com